A GUIDE TO USING OUR PREGNANCY JOURNAL
Our Pregnancy: A Mindful Journal For Couples, a memory keeper, encourages pregnant couples to stay positive and connected during the 9 to 10 months journey.
Writing a diary together keeps your relationship healthy and bond tight together as parents. This meaningful gift also allows expecting moms and dads to create memories, stories, albums to share with the baby in the future.
This how-to guide will show you exactly how to get the most out of your Our Pregnancy Journal.
We've included a written guide along with video tutorials and plenty of examples to get you started.
Got a question we haven’t covered? We’d love to hear from you.
Contact us here.
Fast track to:
If you haven’t started, pregnancy is a great time to replace some of your old habits and routine. It will make pregnancy an easier journey, and reduce the chance of postpartum depression and relationship issues upon the arrival of the baby.
We prepared one Habit Curator per trimester to help you to prepare for pregnancy and transition to family life.
How does it work?
- Use the page to reflect on reasons you want to change and actions you can take to achieve that during the upcoming three months.
- Look back on your reasons and refine them during your process to support yourself better during this process.
- Start with brainstorming all the habits you want to develop and pick one that is relevant for the different trimester.
- Use S.M.A.R.T rules to set up your goal
- Tell your friends and family about it to keep yourself accountable
- Focus on the next small action you can take when you find yourself veer of the course
- Use the space we provide to reflect on how you feel physically and mentally
- 6 Daily Pregnancy Habits You Should Start For A Happy, Healthy You & Baby
- The Importance of a Pre-Pregnancy Detox—Plus, Fertility Boosters
- 9 Strategies To Develop Good Habits And Make Them Stick
- 5 Dos and Don'ts When Making a SMART Goal
Our mind is the foundation of everything we experience every day and consequently determines the quality of our life. Therefore, we’ve prepared a daily spread section including both individual and couple prompts, to help you train your minds to be content, present, and more aware of all experiences you have.
How does it work?
- Pick a time to write the journal with your partner.
- Figure out each other’s role indicated with the flower icons (mom with a bump, dad without).
The daily spread starts with a couple-interaction, daily habit check-in, for you to check your habit-building progress, and your partner to help you to better achieve it. This way, you will reflect together to figure the ways to make the new habit stick.
- Try to journal in a tidy and calm environment, use a headset if it helps with the noise.
- Be encouraging and open when discussing habit-building solutions.
- Consistency and accountability are keys to forming new habits.
- 8 Ways to Stop Thinking About Journaling and Actually Start Journaling
- WHEN IS THE BEST TIME OF DAY TO WRITE?
- 7 Reasons to Start Tracking Your Habits
- The Ultimate Habit Tracker Guide: Why and How to Track Your Habits
This is the place for both you and your partner to nourish your mind, soothe your soul, and recharge your spirit through daily reflection. Pregnancy is a challenging phase, keeping a proper mood is vital for both the moms and baby’s health. The positive couple prompts will help both expectant moms and dads guide the mind to stay in a healthy emotion.
- Try to write the diary with your partner at the same time, so you can engage each other in answering the couple prompts.
- Share and discuss different thoughts and opinions. It’s a great opportunity for you to get to know each other better and bond tight and deep together.
- Comment on each other’s writings to help each other grow and improve. It can be handwriting skills, grammar, and content.
- Appreciating Your Spouse: 10 Unique Things You Can Do Today
- A Journal Is The Best Marriage Counselor
- Keeping A Journal Can Help Your Relationship Problems (No Joke!)
- 101+ Fun Things for Couples to Do: Cute Date Ideas and Activities for Bonding Together
As the center of the pregnancy, you will then dive deep and reflect on more areas of yourself within your body, mind, and the nutrition that fuels you daily. This section is for you as mom-to-be to become better in listening to your needs and taking care of yourself during pregnancy.
- Try to find patterns by writing the body, mind, and nutrition reflection daily.
- Use the patterns to avoid foods that cause discomfort.
- Use the patterns to enhance positive habits.
- Cope with cravings by the guided prompts.
- 11 Foods and Beverages to Avoid During Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Nutrition Chart: 33 Essential Nutrients for Pregnant Women
- How can I get more sleep in pregnancy?
- Sleep During Pregnancy: Positions, Problems & Tips
- Healthy Pregnancy: This Decision Will Fix Your Struggle With Coffee
- Sorry, But There’s No Trick To Fix Your Cravings
Based on the feedback we get from moms/ and dads or moms- and dads- to be, we gathered a lot of useful tips to support you during pregnancy, such as tips for time-related pregnancy, stress and pain management, relationships, important pregnancy knowledge (dos and don’ts).
We all know that positive emotion is key to a positive life. To help you better cope with mood swings, we also provide many practical affirmations and quotations for you to achieve this!
- Read the affirmations and quotes out loud, with emotion, to yourself or each other. Our minds cannot tell the difference between what is real and what is fantasy.
- Saying something with absolute confidence about a perceived truth programs your mind to believe it.
- Breathe in the affirmations using all of your senses and it will transform the statement into a real embodiment of what you’re seeking.
- Use pregnancy tips to better manage stress and pain.
Learning to nurture your relationship with your partner during pregnancy is vital for great family life. You don’t want to wait until you are experiencing baby blues nor when you are having difficulties in the relationship while having a kid.
Including your partner in this journey is also a great pregnancy memory that many neglects. Use our prompted questions as inspiration and revelation to find your own way to nurture your relationship. We leave a lot of space for you to reflect and record all the significant and silly experiences during your date.
- If you don’t feel like taking a photo every week, use the page to memorize the process in other ways.
- Plan the activity day ahead that is easy for both of you to stick to.
- Try to eliminate unnecessary environmental distractions like phone notifications during the day.
At the end of this journey, when you have filled out all the pages and have done all activities together, you will reach a deeper understanding of yourself, your relationship, and your baby.
You then will realise that your partner is your best co-writer, and together you will complete the first family book in life. And you will see this journal can help you memorise your pregnancy forever. Happy pregnancy!
All content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health provider.