The best thing you can do to protect yourself from COVID-19 is boost your immune system. A strong immune system not only helps you combat the disease it can also help you prevent diabetes, obesity and cancer.
The simplest route to a strong immune system starts with your diet. A healthy diet that provides nutrients and essential vitamins will go a long way towards building up a strong defense system.
Here are the most important vitamins that build up immune systems and what foods provide them.
We all know vitamin C helps us build up our immune system by producing more white blood cells which play a vital role in preventing infections. Where do we find rich vitamin C then?
- Red bell peppers, its rich source of beta carotene, can also help keep your eyes and skin healthy.
- Citrus fruits, like lemons, limes, clementines, grapefruit, etc.
- Brussels Sprouts, spinach, broccoli, papaya, parsley, kiwi, strawberries, oranges, and many more.
Infections defenders, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants, such as zinc, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B-6, and other sorts of minerals. Where we can get from:⠀
- Garlic, ginger, turmeric, green tea.
- Almonds, sunflower seeds, Poultry like chicken soup.
- Shellfish, and many more.
Eating properly is a great step to strengthen the immune system. And these are definitely not the only immune system boosters.
PS: Your emotional state also contributes to your body's ability to fight invaders. Fear and anxiety can weaken you physically, as well as emotionally. Find out how you can lessen the impact of these negative emotions. Read more here.