How to Survive Summer as a Mom: Here are the Best Tips
Yan Krukov from Pexel.com
Summer is here and it is time to relax, take a break and be on vacation, however, it is not exactly the same thing for moms, in fact, Summer can become a challenge when it comes to dealing with warm weather, family vacation, and child care.
But don't worry! Team Frejac is here to help you survive Summer as a mom with the following advices that will be useful throughout the season!
#1 Follow These Tips for an Easy Pregnancy During Summer
Olha Ruskykh from pexel.com
If you are pregnant it is very important to take care of yourself during summer, especially when the weather is warm and you lose a lot of water through sweating! Here are some tips you can follow:
- Avoid activities during the hottest hours of the day: it’s better for reducing fatigue.
- Wear a hat to protect your head from sun heat, don't underestimate the sun heat: long exposure to the sun can cause headaches or even sunstrokes.
- Take frequent naps, in order to recharge your body and rest.
- Stay hydrated, very important for your body and your child's too! (read the next tip to get ideas on hydrating drinks!)
#2 Stay Cool and Hydrated with These Drinks!
Staying hydrated is very important during Summer!
Our body always requires hydration, especially during hot days.
You can create very yummy and hydrating drinks to help you go through the day.
Recipe 1: Cucumber Juice
Polina Tankilevitch from Pexel.com
If you want to start your summer right you can try this easy and refreshing drink with cucumber and ginger. Perfect to stay hydrated and boost your immune system!
- 1 Cucumber washed and Cut,
- Mint Leaves
- 1 Spoon of Grated Ginger
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix it all together. Pour it in a jar and leave it in the fridge to cool down. You can add ice cubes if you want the drink to be cold immediately.
Recipe 2: Fruit-infused iced water
Julia Zotova from Pexel.com
You can also go for an easy classic: fruit-infused iced water. You can use any combination of fruits or herbs that you like, but here are some ideas to get started:
- First Fruit Combination: Cucumber, mint, and lime
- Second Fruit Combination: Strawberries Raspberries and blackberries
- Third Fruit Combinations: Lemon and lime
- Forth Combination: Mango, papaya, and pineapple
The process is very easy: cut the fruit and put it in a jar with water and ice, keep it cool in the fridge: you can drink it during the day or even during meals.
#3 Fun Day at the Beach With Family
Yan Krukov from Pexel.com
If you are a mom and planning for a vacation, here is a perfect packing list for a family day at the beach!
- Sun Screen: protect yourself and your children from UV light!
- Bug spray: avoid annoying bites from mosquitos and other insects.
- Water Bottles: remember that hydration is important especially while being exposed to the sun.
- Fruits: choose summer fruits like melons, watermelon, and peaches that are rich in vitamins, water, and sugar...the perfect snack for a beach day!
- Big Towels: so that your kids can sit and stay away from annoying sand.
- Beach Toys: Kids love to play at the beach, so don't forget to bring some toys to build sandcastles and play with water.
- Beach Umbrella: so that you can always be in the shades during the hottest hours of the day.
#4 No More Sunburns With These SunScreens
Tara Winstead from Pexel.com
Skin protection from UV light is essential in Summer especially for more sensitive skin like babies and children skin.
There are many kinds of sunscreen in the market and it might get hard to decide which one works the best for your child.
Here are some sunscreen types which are very beneficial for perfect protection from the sun:
- Water Resistant Sunscreen: to make sure that the sunscreen is waterproof so that it is still effective
- Sunscreen with Zinc Oxide: with additional protection for the skin
- Sunscreen for Dry Skin: to protect and moisturize the skin at the same time
- Spray Sunscreen: easy to apply and less heavy and sticky than cream in a tube, kids would prefer that!
I really hope these tips will make your summer easier and also more fun!
We have also written a blog about Fixing Summer Craving that might be helpful for you and also remember that you can use Our Pregnancy a Mindful Journal for Couples to help you relieve stress and adopt a new routine even during this season!
Have a great Summer!☀️
-Clara for Frejac